1. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
2. Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure corrective actions when appropriate.
3. Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipment following planned maintenance or outages.
4. Train and guide less experienced operations and maintenance site personnel.
5. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other E.ON sites if necessary.
6. Perform turbine maintenance including services, major component work and replacement, and troubleshooting.
7. Perform Balance of Plant procedures as needed, including substation and collection system maintenance.
Associate Tech: Two (2) years of work experience in operations and/or maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic systems.
Tech II: Same as above, but with four (4) years of experience.
Tech I: Same as above, but with six (6) years of experience and REQUIRED at least 1 year of the 6 years’ experience in wind.
Trainee: Same as above, but with less than two (2) years of experience.
• A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience.
• A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience.
• A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
• Each 4 years of US military service in a technical rating may substitute for 1 year.
Required- Valid US Driver’s License.
Physical Fitness Test:
• Hazardous conditions include: working at height up to 300', working in confined spaces, exposure to blood borne pathogens, exposure to energized electrical equipment, exposure to rotating equipment, and working in extreme hot and cold conditions.
• The work requires climber pass a physical fitness test upon hiring and every 2 years thereafter and maintain a body weight of 270 lbs. or less.
• The work also requires flexibility and full range of movement in confined spaces.
• The work may require providing first aid/CPR. This requires maintenance of First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
• The work will require irregular work hours depending upon the required response of site operations to address the unpredictable needs of the wind farm.
NO EXPAT ARRANGEMENT AVAILABLE
Position Open Until Filled.