Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for Solar Electrician for our Operations and Maintenance Department. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 20+ states and several U.S. territories. All monitoring and inbound customer service calls are handled in-house, and we utilize third-party service partners to complete all field work required. The Solar Electrician’s primary responsibility is to support the O&M activities by exercising independent judgment on how to maintain the performance of the solar systems, investigate and correct system issues, provide excellent customer service to our Customers, and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
- Performing maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories.
- Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components.
- Evaluating systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, and other purposes.
- Providing on-site troubleshooting for solar systems.
- Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems including electrical systems used during construction.
- Collaborating closely with technical team to resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and summarize results into executive summary recommendations and communications.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Providing training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Providing training to customers about products usage and maintenance.
- Managing and resolving customer concerns and issues in a timely manner, and communicate and document progress to customer and relevant Sunnova employees.
- Documenting key communications in appropriate Sunnova software.
- Developing positive and professional relationships with all channel partners and service only providers.
- Developing knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs.
- Completing quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines.
- Maintain compliance with all Sunnova safety policies and practices
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years electrical experience required
- 3+ years in the solar electric industry exprience preferred
- Electrician license is preferred
- Working knowledge of the NEC preferred.
- Formal apprenticeship and or Vocational training.
- Must possess a current, valid Driver license.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; travel estimated at 10-15%
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds; Oversized items, assistance is provided.
- Must be able to carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawl, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling object above/below the shoulders.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Projects a professional appearance.
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies.