Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
Come join one of the fastest growing solar companies in the country that’s ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com and the winner of Utah’s 2018 Best of State for Solar Technology! The Blue Raven Solar PV Designer is responsible for creating the final designs of solar arrays to be installed and making adjustments based on required changes to the plan. Solar PV Designers also assess roof conditions and anticipate structural issues that may arise during the installation process.
Candidates must have a high attention to detail and be resilient when faced with challenges and setbacks in order to:
– Prepare detailed electrical and structural design drawings for Residential Solar PV systems sufficient for permitting and installation using AutoCAD and custom design tools.
– Qualify work and check for any issues with existing residential sites for possible construction related problems.
– Estimate Accurate Production of Solar PV systems with given design software.
– Work with design team to complete projects in efficient and accurate manner.
– Make revisions to drawings based off client or AHJ request.
– Understand 2-D drawings and Arial view imagery
– Contribute to root-cause problem solving as an entrepreneur in the Solar PV design related responsibilities.
– Understand engineering and PV design concepts with a strong aptitude for quality and efficiency.
A strong candidate will have a track record of:
– 2-3 years of experience in electrical or structural engineering preferred, not required. Solar PV field preferred.
– Pursuing Mechanical, Structural, or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
– Proficiency in AutoCAD; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
– Knowledge of National Electric Code is preferred.
– Ability to pay attention to small details and self-proof read for accuracy.
– Demonstrated structural, mechanical, and electrical design skills, ability to generate accurate, highly‐detailed construction drawings.
– $12-$17/hr + performance-based bonus
– 10 days PTO
– Medical, dental and vision coverage
– Discounts for going solar