Perform general origination and development tasks and activities with supervision and guidance in support of E.ON Climate & Renewables (ECR) Solar PV projects.
1. Initiate/undertake discussions with landowners, negotiate site control agreements and secure planning / use permit approvals. Additional tasks may include but are not limited to obtaining project easements, curative title work, coordination of environmental studies and managing outside consultants.
2. As required, assist more experienced developers working on Solar PV origination and development projects and complete assigned tasks on schedule and in accordance with given instructions.
3. Ensure project financial models are kept up to date and help manage the internal financial approval process for assigned development projects.
4. Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules and deliverables for assigned development projects.
5. Conduct risk analyses/assessments and recommend mitigation measures.
6. Coordinate with internal teams on interconnection, new market evaluation and power marketing.
7. Interface with and coordinate inputs from support functions including engineering, legal, procurement and construction as needed to ensure effective execution of assigned solar projects.
• 2-7 years of work experience. Preference for 1-2+ years of development experience applicable to renewable energy, preferably solar PV in the Midwestern United States
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Climate and Renewables
E.ON is a leading global renewable player and has invested over 10 bn Euro in the renewables business. We play a leading role in the development of the renewables industry worldwide and currently operate over 5 GW of renewable capacity. We plan to expand this portfolio by 2.4 GW until 2020. We focus on onshore, offshore and photovoltaic business in Europe and North America. This means we employ a highly diverse range of talents. Engineers, project managers, business developers, HR professionals - our business is home to all these and more, dedicating themselves to generating energy from onshore and offshore wind technology, photovoltaic. E.ON Climate & Renewables is responsible for E.ON Group’s global activities in industrial-scale renewables.