Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks Project Managers to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: Project Manager IIs typically will have a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in constructing photovoltaic systems. With advanced problem solving skills and delegation of tasks, the Project Manager II will manage multiple projects simultaneously or projects of greater complexity than the Project Manager I.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
• Plan, budget, manage and complete turn-key PV projects of higher complexity or multiple projects simultaneously.
o Review contract documents and proposals to identify project requirements Develop a project plan to meet requirements within the Borrego Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
o Coordinate design and permitting activities with engineering team and local authorities
o Develop Initial PM budget for projects
o Determine appropriate schedule for material buyouts and coordinate purchases and logistics with Borrego Procurement team
o Manage subcontractor buyout process through development of scopes, bidding process and subcontractor awards and contract activities
o At project close out, ensure all deliverables have been met, documentation has been archived and review lessons learned
o Act as primary single point of contact for the customer
o Provide clear and accurate communications to the customer, Borrego management and other key stakeholders during the project cycle
• Lead diverse teams of individuals to accomplish required outcomes.
o Provide leadership for a strong safety performance throughout the project
o Work with field personnel to ensure the quality of delivered systems and conformance to Borrego standards
o Deliver projects within the established budget. Support value engineering to reduce costs in labor, materials and equipment
o Deliver projects within the established schedule. Lead efforts to reduce project duration and increase velocity without sacrificing other outcomes
o Actively participate in reviews of actual versus estimated costs to provide feedback and meet cost reduction goals
o Ensure that the scope requirements are met without unnecessary waste
• Support other project managers on more complex projects.
o Manage assigned larger portions of work and provide clear status reports to primary project manager
o Support value engineering and project velocity improvements
• Support department improvements and sales efforts.
o Be an active participant in department and company initiatives
o Support sales activities with estimates, contract review and client communications
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction project management.
• The ability to create and manage a schedule and budget to required margins.
• Experience with sub-contractor and owner contract management.
• Experience with design / build contracts from ground up that result in profitable construction
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Please reference where you saw this opening.