Array Technologies, Inc. (Array) is the global leader in solar tracking and is experiencing explosive growth built on our best-in-class technology and dynamic team. Array is seeking highly skilled, self-motivated people who want to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean and economical energy. If you meet these criteria, please consider the company that has been leading the solar energy revolution for 27 years.
The purpose of the Application Engineer is to provide technical assistance in support of the Array Sales team. This role will be faced with many inter disciplinary tasks spanning across product utilization and configurability of the DuraTrack HZ single axis solar tracker. Timeliness and accuracy of work is essential in this position. The ideal candidate will combine the technical abilities of an engineer with the customer service mindset of a business development manager. Direct technical support of customers as well as support to the sales department are fundamental to this position. Other key responsibilities and areas of knowledge required are: quoting, pricing, drafting, structural calculations, corrosion analysis, site criteria analysis, seismic analysis, code compliance and contract document generation.
This position requires interdepartmental work, strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple open projects at one time. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to operate autonomously and as a key contributing member of a team effort. Developing and maintaining relationships with the customer’s engineers, procurement personnel and business development managers is required. Some travel for customer meetings and conferences will be required. The position location is open and can be remote. Relocation to Albuquerque, NM is preferred. This position is full-time and exempt.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop an in-depth technical knowledge of DuraTrack® HZ Tracker, product configuration and site application.
• Provide primary technical relationship contact for the customer during the pre-sales process.
• Determine technical requirements that influence a project design that include: wind loading, snow loading, seismic loading and corrosion.
• Establish site specific design requirements for a project and design the tracker configuration to meet customer requirements.
• Work with customer to iterate through project design parameters to field the most cost optimized tracker for a project.
• Provide timely feedback on questions related to project or product design.
• Analyze and cost optimize projects for competitive positioning of the Array DuraTrack® HZ Tracker.
• Simulate projects as needed in PVsyst
• Layout, edit and optimize customer projects in CAD.
• Provide quotes and support documentation for sales activities including responding to proposal packages.
• Provide support to contract activities to ensure design requirements have been met and Array specifications are defined
• Provide support to Array’s pricing activities
• Provide customer pre-sales engineering support on-site as required.
• Create and give presentations for customer specific meetings in support of sales. Presentations may be either in person or a webinar.
• Provide input to product feature enhancements and process improvements from customer to the Array Engineering team.
• Work with a geographically dispersed sales team to achieve an industry leading technical sales support function
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong understanding of mechanical and structural systems
• Must be detail oriented and be a good problem solver
• Strong technical skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information
• Must be able to work multiple projects at one time.
• Good written, presentation and conversational skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, Word and PowerPoint
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Electrical or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years engineering experience, plus 2 years of experience in a Sales or a customer facing-role.
• Experience in the solar, renewables, or power generation equipment market is preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
When you are ready to help us change the world, please apply at: http://arraytechinc.com/careers/