1. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
2. Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure corrective actions when appropriate.
3. Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipment following planned maintenance or outages.
4. Train and guide less experienced operations and maintenance site personnel.
5. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other E.ON sites if necessary.
6. Perform turbine maintenance including services, major component work and replacement, and troubleshooting.
7. Perform Balance of Plant procedures as needed, including substation and collection system maintenance.
GED or High School Diploma Required
Associate Tech: Two (2) years of work experience in operations and/or maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic systems.
Tech II: Same as above, but with four (4) years of experience.
Tech I: Same as above, but with six (6) years of experience and REQUIRED at least 1 year of the 6 years’ experience in wind.
Trainee: Same as above, but with less than two (2) years of experience.
•·A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience.
•·A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience.
•·A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
•·Each 4 years of US military service in a technical rating may substitute for 1 year.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Climate and Renewables
E.ON is a leading global renewable player and has invested over 10 bn Euro in the renewables business. We play a leading role in the development of the renewables industry worldwide and currently operate over 5 GW of renewable capacity. We plan to expand this portfolio by 2.4 GW until 2020. We focus on onshore, offshore and photovoltaic business in Europe and North America. This means we employ a highly diverse range of talents. Engineers, project managers, business developers, HR professionals - our business is home to all these and more, dedicating themselves to generating energy from onshore and offshore wind technology, photovoltaic. E.ON Climate & Renewables is responsible for E.ON Group’s global activities in industrial-scale renewables.
Please mentnion how you learned of this opening.