We are looking for entry level technicians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems. This position requires an independent, resourceful individual who is capable of meeting all of our customer’s needs in an efficient and productive manner. This individual must have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and capable of quickly learning in depth root cause analysis & troubleshooting. This individual must also have excellent computer and organizational skills. MaxGen is the last line of defense for our customers and our reputation is based on delivering the highest quality work in a timely fashion.
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
• Commission and test large scale solar energy facilities, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, VOC/ IMP testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
• Troubleshoot, service, test & perform routine maintenance on all equipment associated with PV systems.
• Perform extensive corrective repair on all equipment associated with PV systems, up to and including full system removal and replacement.
• Document and research all non-conforming issues found after an inspection. Report all NEC code violations found after an inspection.
• Document all receipts, labor hours and job expenses
• Participate in site safety assessments and assist in identifying all safety hazards on job-site, then take part in a safety meeting with all other employees on proper safety protocol.
• Identify un-safe work or operating conditions and take proper action to neutralize hazards.
• Review of construction prints and verify electrical calculations as well as field verification.
• After each site visit, generate a report of all findings using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & Power Point) to present the customer as a professional document.
Education and Experience
• Possess valid Electrical Trainee card
• Hands on experience with electrical concepts, techniques and safety practices.
• Clean driving record
• Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, overall navigation and organization
• Knowledge of measuring voltage, current, frequency, insulation, and phase rotation.
• Ability to learn troubleshooting techniques and industry standard electrical practices.
• NFPA 70e training
• OSHA certification
• NABCEP certification
• Experience with firmware upgrade procedures
• Experience with residential, commercial & utility PV systems
• 50% of travel required
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, work in all climates (extreme heat, cold, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Please reference where you saw this post.