Requisition ID: 35452
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
Employees in this role perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on wind turbines and other associated equipment. Individuals understand the mechanics, including both electrical and maintenance of hydraulics, of all wind turbine components. This position replaces mechanical and electrical components, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance and SCADA systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
• Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
• Completes electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
• Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities and tooling
• Applies basic understanding of the technical and process functions
• Manages own training schedules and meets all training requirements within designated time frames
• Able to meet attendance requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Experience: 1+ years in a technical field, OR completion of a technical certificate/degree program
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
• Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
• Associate’s Degree