Sigora Solar is the largest solar company in Virginia and growing rapidly into new markets. Sigora designs and installs residential and commercial solar projects across the mid-Atlantic. By bringing an innovative and all-inclusive package to home and business owners, Sigora has allowed thousands of families to save money on their electric bill, increase their home value, and lower their carbon footprint. And our commercial team has helped hundreds of business owners lower their operating costs, reinvest their savings, and showcase a commitment to sustainability.
We are looking for hardworking, energetic, and green-minded individuals to join us as we meet the growing demand for solar energy. We offer the potential for career advancement, the opportunity to create positive change in the world, and the chance to be a part of a great team. We’ll invest in your future and your education. And we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Sigora is seeking an ambitious, organized, and detail-oriented candidate for a full-time position. In this role you will be responsible for Field Verifications and Inspections. These tasks include taking accurate measurements inside and outside of our client’s properties; and sitting inspections to insure we get proper documentation to close out the permit. This includes but is not limited to taking pictures of necessary electrical panels, meters, documents, obstructions, and general property to upload immediately upon completion through tools provided.
• Completing forms and surveys alone, or with our engineers and partners with information such as:
• Structural: Access the underlying structure of the roof (attic, crawlspace, etc.) to assess and measure the existing environment.
• Electrical: Access the main and sub electrical panels in order to assess solar interconnection.
• Upload solar site data to the design and interconnection/rebate team.
• Communicate with design team and Professional Engineer, as necessary, to explain site conditions and special circumstances
• Meet with customers to obtain information necessary to complete technical design documents for a solar system
• Create detailed rooftop map layout for solar arrays including roof layout dimensions and all roof penetrations (pipes, vents etc.)
• Roof dimensions, azimuth, electrical service and equipment photos
• Reviewing layouts with engineering for orientation and system components
• Meet with city and county inspectors to facilitate inspection of solar installations.
• Examine plans and blueprints to identify errors in design and construction, then communicate those findings.
• Ability to use appropriate tools to repair and replace equipment as needed.
• Work with management regarding status of inspection and necessary corrections to ensure assigned inspections are successful.
• Ability to read plans and blueprints and understand the NEC code book.
• Maintain a current basic knowledge of solar/electrical code
• Maintain a thorough understanding of jurisdictional inspection requirements and procedures
• Prepare for each permit completion by reviewing job notes and plans
• Determine If any addition permitting requirements are need such as forms, engendering etc.
• Provide detailed feedback from customers, inspectors and others as necessary regarding any issues, concerns, corrections or plan changes needed
• Provide notes and photo documentation uploaded to the company database/customer files
• Work as a team-player with all company personnel including the scheduling, permit and design teams
10 days of paid time off per year
5 paid sick days per year
8 paid holidays per year
Healthcare, vision, dental, and life insurance options that fit you and your family
Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care FSA
At cost solar for your home
Must be able to climb and carry a ladder.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs consistently.
1+ years of previous field construction or electrical experience.
Experience with construction permitting is preferred.
Awesome customer service skills.
Awesome verbal and written communication skills.
Awesome organizational and time management skills.
Valid Driver’s License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the day.
Clean driving record.
Comply with all company and OSHA safety policies and procedures
Perform other duties as directed by management.