Requisition ID: 42882
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Individuals who have been successful in the Wind Technician role typically have experience using basic power and hydraulic tools, along with the ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawing and schematics. In this position you will have the opportunity to read and interpret technical manuals and procedures, while also demonstrating basic industrial safety practices/protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test while maintaining and repairing wind turbines.
Individuals in this role may need to work weekends or off-hours for restoration coverage, up to 50% travel may be required with minimal notice and work location extends to support at a portfolio level. You may also be required to lift up to 50 lbs. You may be required to work rotating shifts to cover 7 days a week or night shift coverage. Please keep in mind our sites are located across the country and you will work in various weather conditions.
We look forward to reviewing your application and are very excited at the prospect of you joining our high performance team!
At NextEra Energy, a Wind Technician I is considered a seasoned Wind Technician and is not an entry level position. If you are looking for an entry level Wind Techncian position within our company, please apply to any Wind Technician III opening that you're interested in.
Employees in this role perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on wind turbines and other associated equipment. Individuals understand the mechanics, including both electrical and maintenance of hydraulics, of all wind turbine components. This position replaces mechanical and electrical components, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance and SCADA systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
• Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
• Completes electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
• Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities, and tooling
• Applies advanced understanding of the technical and process functions as well as a basic understanding of Quality Improvement (QI) processes
• Provides oversight to other personnel and acts as a Safety Mentor
• Demonstrates mastery of process and technical skills and problem solving expertise by way of board review
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 2+ years
Ability to climb freestanding wind turbine towers
• Bachelor's Degree