Job ID: 2020-6817
Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. In the US and Canada Enel operates through three business lines: Enel Green Power, Enel X and Enel Trading. Together our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel Green Power:
Enel Green Power, part of Enel Group, is driving the future of sustainable energy, working to bring renewable energy to every corner of the planet. As one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies, we play a fundamental role in the energy transition, bringing our planet into a new era in which everyone has access to sustainable, decarbonized energy. We combine our purpose, passion and skills to create a cleaner and more sustainable future, constantly pushing technological limits and fostering stakeholder awareness. In the US and Canada, Enel Green Power is one of the leading and fastest growing renewable energy companies in the US and Canada, and the growth engine of our global renewable energy business. Our growth is driven by our people and our partnerships. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world, supporting the renewable energy goals of customers like Google, Anheuser-Busch, T-Mobile, Facebook, Adobe and Kohler, among others. Enel Green Power operates across the entire value chain from business development to long-term operations, fostering innovative solutions to produce green energy more efficiently and more sustainably. We aim to create shared value in the communities where we operate by combining the pursuit of our business with lasting contributions to socio-economic development.
This position is responsible for field coordination, management and administration of maintenance and repairs as well as CapEx work throughout assigned region. This work will include acting under the direction of the Manager, Wind O&M.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
• Insure and maintain a safe working environment covering all project work functions carried out by staff (internal and external). HSE incidents reporting.
• Site documentation management.
• Responsible to maintain continuous accountability of project historic data to include but not limited to; project work(s) completed, measured performance data/reports, installed asset components, etc.
• On site coordinate maintenance works and repairs as required with 3rd party providers
• Contractors ON-CALL team management
• Perform Routine Annual Maintenance tasks for assigned project(s) including QA/QC inspections, project performance evaluations, assets condition management, on site
predictive maintenance activities, End of Warranty audits, etc.
• Assist with project planning – writing work scopes, getting quotes, scheduling work
• Work onsite to implement Capital Projects
• Assist with troubleshooting and evaluation of equipment for assigned project(s)
• Collaborate with the Technical Support group on the evaluation of equipment failures analysis and for methods of procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide support in the budgeting process as well as for the HSE department for the project(s) assigned.
• Account for budgeted values maintaining profit and loss margins
• Ensure all facilities are maintained within all regulatory guidelines NERC and EGP standards.
• Responsible for site inventory - accounting for all spare parts stored, consumed, refurbished, salvaged, etc. at the project location.
• Work with SAP PM in the development of Notifications, Work Orders and including entering pertinent information into the notification and time into the Work Order.
• Support and data provision for insurance claims.
• Interface with Operations Manager to develop yearly and 5 year maintenance plan.
• Interface with Operations Support for any issue relevant to plant performance analysis to include the development, implementation and results measurement of any action plans.
• Interface with Control Room Manager on Plant Operations and Maintenance
• Interface with Logistics Specialists in support of any procurement actions as required to support the region
• Cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with all project participants, including landowners, purchasing off-takers, interconnected utilities, contractors, etc.
• Train and mentor junior members. Encourage training and development through performance management with a focus on retention.
• Other duties and tasks as directed by the Wind O&M Manager
Who You Are:
8+ years of operations and maintenance or construction experience, wind energy background preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience managing third party service providers
• Project contract management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products for word processing spreadsheets, project scheduling, photo processing, and e-mail reporting.
• Must be able to travel 25%
• Knowledge of site equipment including WTGs, High Voltage/Substation, SCADA functions, applicable PPE, etc.
• Ability to work as part of a team and involve other in decisions when appropriate
• Ability to take initiative in problem solving
• Comfortable working at heights of 300 feet or more and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes working in scissor lifts, lifting 50 lbs. on a daily continuous basis sometimes overhead, meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less., and working in PPE such as arc flash suits/facemasks and high voltage gloves for extended periods of time.
• Must possess valid drivers’ license and be willing to travel with limited advance notice and to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and nights.
• Ability to work within extreme weather conditions including high & low temperatures, extreme winds, etc.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business,
• Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family.,
• Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.