Position Number: 08330-1544
The Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Remediation & Waste Management, is seeking to fill an Environmental Hydrogeologist vacancy in Augusta.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION: The position provides professional environmental geologic expertise in support of all BRWM programs, including characterization, monitoring, and remediation of environmental contamination utilizing the technical disciplines of environmental geology and hydrogeology. The position also assists in the development of policies, guidance documents, and regulations through collaboration with DEP staff, and provides technical advice and assistance to other DEP bureaus, other agencies, and the public. This position plans, conducts, and oversees consultant and employee resources to ensure investigation and remediation activities are conducted according to policy, rules and regulations. For additional information, please contact Molly King at (207) 287-8169.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelors degree plus two (2) years experience in geology or a related field. Equivalent related professional work experience may be substituted for education.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge of contaminant fate and transport in the subsurface.
• Knowledge of investigation and remediation methodologies at contaminated sites.
• Familiarity with GIS, statistical, geochemical, and data plotting software.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage projects in order to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems, reach logical conclusions, and make sound, cost-effective decisions.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Interested applicants need to complete and submit a Direct Hire Application, cover letter and a detailed resume to:
Natural Resources Service Center
Bonnie Gray, HR Manager
155 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0155
You can email all of the required documentation to: NRSCdirecthireapplications@maine.gov - OR - you may fax your material to 207-287-2216.