Requisition Code: 2017-IND-009
Transforming ideas into reality since 1958, GAI is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm. We provide local expertise to worldwide clients in the energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial markets. We believe in community involvement and are committed to corporate responsibility including recycling and eco-friendly practices.
We are looking for either an Environmental Specialist or Senior Environmental Specialist to work in our Indianapolis office. Your duties will consist of preparing ESA’s and environmental documents and supporting Environmental Field Studies in wetland delineation, stream identification, and endangered species surveys. Work will be primarily in Indiana serving our INDOT and Indiana municipal and county clients. Additional duties may include supporting technical report and data form preparation, and stormwater and environmental compliance monitoring.
Excellent salary and bonus potential
Excellent Paid Time Off allowance
ESOP – GAI is employee owned
Competitive health/dental insurance premiums
Flexibility in Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Technical report writing and data form entry.
• Interface with external clients.
• Responsible in assisting a project team to prepare the appropriate state and federal permit applications.
• Performance of environmental field surveys; wetland delineation, stream surveys, endangered species surveys, storm water management etc. support storm water and environmental compliance monitoring efforts.
• Perform field studies and sampling .
1) Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
2) 5+ years of field experience delineating wetlands in Midwest, preferably IN.
3) PWS certification strongly preferred.
4) Section 401/404 permitting experience preferred in IN.
5) Environmental and storm water compliance monitoring experience.
Apply online: https://gaiconsultants.com/careers/