Eastern Research Group is actively seeking Environmental Sustainability & LCA Analysts to work in the area of environmental sustainability and life cycle assessment (LCA). Analysts work with other team members under the direction of one or more project managers to provide clients with high quality results within project schedules and budgets. Analysts collect and synthesize information to produce models, communicate results through well-structured figures and tables, write reports, and present results in project meetings. The ERG LCA team supports private, government, and industry group clients to assess the environmental outcomes associated with products and infrastructure systems; to identify preferred products, processes, and policies; and to create new approaches for sustainability analysis.
Candidates should have a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree with LCA experience equivalent of a Master’s degree. Candidates should be passionate about and have experience in data-driven sustainability analysis. Specific qualifications include:
• Demonstrated ability to apply life cycle assessment through work experience, preferably environmental consulting and/or coursework.
• Familiarity with a wide range of data sources relevant for environmental and policy analysis, and the ability to identify and engage experts to conduct research. Capable of identifying key features of complex processes.
• Background in engineering, economics, policy analysis, or a related technical field including a graduate or undergraduate degree and/or prior work experience.
• Well-developed problem-solving, systems thinking, quantitative, and critical thinking skills; intellectual curiosity. Able to formulate solutions to poorly structured problems.
• Highly motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and in close collaboration with team members. Energized by working as part of a high functioning team and demonstrates a professional attitude.
• Skilled written and verbal communicator, including the ability to present complex information so that it is understandable to a non-technical audience.
• Strong computer skills relevant for data manipulation and analysis as well as experience with SimaPro or other LCA software, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, and specify a start date availability and salary requirement. This position is a short-term (6 month) position with the possibility of becoming long-term. Apply: http://www.erg.com/jobs