Environmental ScientistEast Hartford
CME Associates, Inc. a multi-disciplinary engineering firm is seeking a full-time Environmental Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will work with CME's Community Development Division providing support to our team of engineers, scientists and planners on transportation, municipal, development and environmental projects. The position will be based in our East Hartford office and will include project work throughout New England.
• BS in Environmental Science or related field
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a relevant discipline, is a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of professional experience
• Possess a broad range of applied environmental knowledge
• Knowledge of local, State and Federal wetlands regulatory permit programs in southern New England and New York, especially in support of complex transportation projects
• Wetland mitigation design experience
• Strong state and federal agency relationships with positive client interaction
Considered a plus:
• Wetland delineation and related certifications (e.g., registered soil scientist, PWS, NH CWS)
• Working knowledge ARCGIS
• NEPA/CEPA/MEPA knowledge and experience
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Project and client management, supervision and direction of junior staff
• Develop staff capabilities
• Participation in organizational capacity development
• Natural resource area assessments, wetland functions and values assessments, and identification and evaluation of alternatives
• Oversight of preparation of reports and federal, state and local permit applications
• Meetings and other regular interaction with State and Federal regulatory staff to develop consensus on permit compliance requirements
• Development of professional recognition both personally and for the organization
The chosen candidate will be able to effectively communicate (written & oral), possess superior organizational skills, have proficient computer skills, and work effectively to meet scheduling requirements and quality control standards. The candidate will be required to uphold Governmental and Corporate Quality Assurance Policies/Procedures. This position requires an individual that is willing to perform a variety of tasks and is able to perform them concurrently and is a team player.
How to apply: http://cmeengineering.applicantpro.com/jobs/593483.html
CME is an organization where the brightest minds come together to develop solutions to the challenging projects of today and to help cultivate better places to live, work and grow. We strive to make CME a place where employees can develop their careers and grow professionally. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes access to group insurance plans, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we are leading the industry in creating policies that make for a better work / life balance including flexible work schedules and a flexible vacation policy.
CME is an EOE/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer.