You can create a healthier future, a cleaner environment, and thriving, resilient economy.
Seventhwave seeks a results-oriented, experienced senior researcher/engineer motivated to create a clean energy economy.
As part of our team, you will help us deliver trusted expertise for bold energy leadership. Seventhwave advances powerful strategies for real energy impacts through engineering, education and research. Our solutions come from using different perspectives to yield uncommon results. We offer an innovative path to real progress for our partners. Because how we use energy matters.
Working at Seventhwave exposes you to experts leading our transition to a clean energy economy. You will work on interesting projects that illuminate new paths to deep energy savings in buildings. You will also enrich your professional network. And our work culture emphasizes curiosity, kindness and high standards.
• Quantify building energy system performance, emissions reduction potential, cost-benefit metrics
• Evaluate energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies in buildings, campuses, communities or regional settings and make recommendations to clients
• Design, develop and conduct primary and secondary research related to energy and sustainability
• Communicate research results and technical information through reports, presentations and webinars
Desired skills and experience
• 8+ years experience securing and conducting research or engineering analysis in a related field
• Proven ability to apply knowledge of energy concepts
• Ability to foster teamwork and take a leadership role
• Excellent written and communication skills
Other beneficial skills
• Understanding of statistical and quantitative methods including regression analysis
• Experience with demand response, energy storage, smart grid technologies, internet of things, automation and controls technologies, or indoor air quality
• Experience with processing large data sets using software or programming languages such as Stata, SAS, R, Python or other
• Experience with building energy systems and modeling
• Experience with utility billing data, AMI data
• Experience with data acquisition systems such as Campbell Scientific equipment and software
Join Seventhwave and be part of
• An independent non-profit seeking solutions to energy challenges
• A passionate, dedicated and talented staff
• National, regional and local initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint
• Award-winning programs that make a difference
Apply online at www.seventhwave.org/jobs
Please mention how you learned of this opening.
Please send any questions to: Doug Ahl Director of Research firstname.lastname@example.org