Data AnalystNew York NY
The mission of the Parks Department’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System team is to protect, restore, expand and manage New York City’s stormwater systems and green infrastructure to maximize their benefits and promote their value within and outside of the urban ecosystem. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
- Under direction of the MS4 Project Manager, with latitude for independent judgment and initiative, Create and maintain database and reporting systems in compliance with recordkeeping and annual reporting requirements.
- Monitor project timelines and deliverables.
- Perform quantitative and statistical analyses of data related to water quality, land use, mapping and green infrastructure planning.
- Prepare timely, accurate and comprehensive technical reports.
- Represent Parks at interagency meetings including Stormwater Management Program public meetings.
- Maintain Parks’ post-construction stormwater management practices.
- On a quarterly basis, provide information, annual reporting metrics and supporting documents to the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP), and coordinate with NYCDEP to complete progress reports, annual reports and public presentations.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate raw data, and share information in a clear manner.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- A working knowledge of GIS, ArcView and database software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Have an understanding of Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $50,362 - $78,177 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 02/26/18
Please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 325552
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks References will be required upon request.