At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This position may be located in: Bismarck, ND; Denver, CO; St. Paul, MN; Rapid City, SD; Sioux Falls, SD; Helena, MT; Billings, MT; or Gillette, WY*
Provide cultural resource management services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
· Lead client and project work for the Cultural Resources group
· Overall strategies for the Cultural Resources group including but not limited to sales, marketing, client relations, and revenue
· Responsible for the Cultural Resources group financials and quality goals
· Market to existing or potential clients and obtain work for the firm
· Responsible for contracts, scope of services, schedules and budgets
· Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
· Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
· Utilize effective written and oral communication
· Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
· Instruct, train, and mentor group members and support staff
· Lead staff within the workgroup
· Coordinate business development and marketing strategy and obtain work
· Respond to RFPs (request for proposals) and lead interviews
· Prepare scope, estimates, and contracts
· Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitor backlog
· Supervise group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
· Manage multiple project teams while acting as project manager or client manager
· Assist with and coordinate client management activities
Qualifications · A Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history or a related field and 8 or more years of experience is required
· Permitted as a Principal Investigator in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Wyoming and Colorado (or can be permitted in these states)
· Secretary of the Interior qualified
· Must have a valid drivers license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· Regional experience is highly desired
· GIS background is preferred
· Certified as a Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) is preferred
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite are highly desired
· Supervisory and project management experience is preferred
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40 or more hours per week with 40% of the time spent in the field and 60% in the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
· Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The salary for this position is expected to range from $68,400 to $83,600 depending on experience.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For more information or to apply, please visit: