Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
Performing wetlands identification and delineation studies.
• Conduct wetland and T & E Species assessments and surveys
• Support agency coordination
• Support permitting activities
• Participate in all project tasks ranging from scoping and research to field work, data analysis and report preparation
• Ensure technical quality and safety in all aspects of job performance
• Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree in biology, botany, environmental studies, fisheries, soil science, wildlife, agriculture, or related field.
• 5-8 years’ experience in Wetlands Studies in Washington State
• The individual shall be familiar with the following methods:
o Arid West Regional Supplement (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 2008a). Required on all delineations for WSDOT projects in the arid west region of Washington.
o Western Mountains, Valleys, and Coast Interim Regional Supplement. (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 2008b). Required on all delineations for WSDOT projects in the western mountains, valleys, and coasts region of Washington.
o Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (Environmental Laboratory 1987 On-line edition). As modified by the appropriate regional supplement.
o Washington State Wetlands Identification and Delineation Manual (Ecology 1997). Only if a local Critical Area Ordinance requires its use.
o 2004 Washington State Wetlands Rating System, Eastern and Western Washington (Hruby, 2004).
o County/City rating system (where appropriate).
o Wetland Functions Characterization Tool for Linear Projects (WSDOT, 2000).
• Additionally, the individual shall be familiar with the WSDOT Wetland Guidelines, particularly the WSDOT Delineation Guidance, WSDOT Delineation Standard Operating Procedures, and WSDOT Wetland and Stream Assessment Report Template and Example.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.