Haley & Aldrich is a 700-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Group at Haley & Aldrich is seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Engineer who will work under the direction and supervision of more senior staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting some of the time conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor's geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction. This full-time position will be in our Boston, MA office.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
· Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
· Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
· Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
· Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
· Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
· Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
· Perform historical site review and review applicable regulations, as appropriate.
· Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
· Be an integral part of our safety culture approaching all aspects of work at Haley & Aldrich, with a safety-first attitude, performing in accordance with Client and Company Safety requirements.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related field; Master's degree highly preferred
· 0 to 2 years of relevant experience (internships included)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE, or PG
· Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
· Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
· Must possess a valid driver's license
· Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
· OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, highly competitive total compensation and solid benefits package that include pay + bonus; health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, long-term care, potential to become a shareholder, etc. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.