Wetland Scientist - Mid or Sr. levelSeattle WA
Candidates must be able to provide project experience and examples of scientific writing performed. Please provide your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soundview Consultants LLC is seeking qualified and self-motivated talent to add to our team. The ideal applicants will have several years of experience delineating critical areas and prior experience with a consulting firm. Utilizing excellent verbal and written communication, the applicant will provide a cover letter revealing the reasons for applying for this position. They will be well-organized, have a professional demeanor, and work diligently in a collaborative team environment. This position is a field position covering all major counties in Western WA.
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resource assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. We specialize in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
- Knowledgeably conduct wetland delineations, ordinary high water (OHW) determinations, monitoring studies, and wetland, shoreline, and fish and wildlife habitat assessments in accordance with current protocols (i.e. soil, hydrology, vegetation inventory, and plant identifications)
- Experience in accurately completing field reconnaissance and investigations/assessments, including data element collection, photo documentation, and determination with understanding of the project goal and technical expertise
- Assess and categorize wetland functions using both the 2004 and 2014 Washington State Wetland Rating Systems
- Classify wetlands with the hydrogeomorphic and Cowardin classification systems
- Prepare maps using GIS and related technology showing experience and skills using technology
- Minimum BS degree in Wetland Science, Plant/Soil Science, and/or related scientific disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in wetland delineations and related fish and wildlife habitat assessments
- PWS certification optional
- Valid WA State Driver’s License
- Insured and dependable personal transportation for a variety of road surfaces and with field supply storage
- Ability to navigate through rough terrain and dense vegetation
- Demonstrated experience performing routine and atypical wetland delineations using the USACE Manual and Regional Supplement(s) and identifying wetlands
- Experience with appropriate supplementary wetland training, ordinary high water determinations, biological assessments, regional assessment methods
- Identification knowledge of Washington plant species
- Experience making hydric soil determinations
- Competency with Microsoft Office software is required including document preparation
- Proficiency using GIS and GPS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills