At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This position may be located in: Helena, MT; Billings, MT; Cheyenne, WY; or Gillette, WY*
Internal Job ID: 18-0116; 18-0223
Provide wetland delineations/stream assessment and botany/wildlife services, along with NEPA compliance and permitting for KLJ projects in designated region or area.
· Complete reports, documents, permits, and other data
· Create and follow scope of services, project schedule and budgets
· Provide direction, Quality Assurance and Quality Control review, and support to the group by leading project tasks; assuring proper practices and techniques
· Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, the public and clients and coordinate with federal, state, and local agencies
· Lead field crews and data collection
· Compliant with KLJ quality standards
· Utilize effective written and oral communication
· Begin leading projects
· Begin learning about financials and quality goals
· Assist with RFPs and interviews
· Begin to assist with planning, organizing, coordinating, prioritizing and monitoring client relations
· May assist with client and work coordination and knowledge sharing across the PA or TA
· A four year degree in Environmental studies or closely related field is required
· Experience level is 2+ years
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· Specialized field training, including wetland delineation, migratory bird survey, raptor survey, botanical survey, asbestos, wildlife, threatened and endangered species is preferred
· 4+ years of experience is desired
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to ten miles per day
· Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of the time spent in the office and 50% in the field.
The salary for this position is expected to range from $48,060 to $58,740 depending on experience.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For more information or to apply, please visit: