Percheron is seeking a talented Senior Environmental Scientist to support our Environmental Services department. Percheron serves the public and private sectors in obtaining environmental permits for capital construction projects as well as assisting project proponents with overall environmental compliance during construction and following in-‐service. Percheron focuses on conducting resource surveys to support obtaining permits and clearances from environmental resource and government agencies. Percheron specializes in natural and cultural resource compliance.
Percheron provides flexibility to work remotely.
· Maintain knowledge of relevant environmental regulations to include Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act.
· Oversee and participate in staff management, fieldwork, and deliverables
· Conduct biological surveys and assessments to include wetland delineations, botanical and wildlife surveys.
· Collect data using GPS equipment.
· Assist in the processing of post-‐field data, and overseeing development of map figures, data tables, and illustrations for technical reports.
· Serve as author on technical reports, and other technical documents.
· Foster and maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency staff, private sector clients, and other industry professionals.
Experience and Qualifications
· A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Geology, Environmental Planning or other science related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
· Three to five (3-‐5) years of experience conducting and overseeing fieldwork and report completion
· Demonstrated knowledge in environmental federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated experience with federal agencies such as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Environmental Protection Agency
· Working knowledge of Texas/Central U.S. energy markets including oil & gas, energy generation (wind/solar) and transmission markets preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects and programs, in diverse settings and with changing requirements.
· Ability to work unsupervised, functioning as an effective, self-‐motivated, and highly capable individual.
· Familiarity with GPS devices and digital data collection.
· Team-‐orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Current valid Driver’s License required.
· Must be able to travel to field locations and conduct fieldwork in varied terrain for extended periods of time in varying weather conditions.
· 75% office environment; 25% field environment
· Ability to drive personal auto to and from client and/or landowner locations is required.
· Ability to travel up to 20% per year, as directed by Region/General Manager or client request
For more information and to apply: https://percheronllc.com/careers