We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, achievement-oriented individual to join our growing team. Ecological services and compliance and permitting are services in high demand from our clients in the Boise and surrounding area. This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate to build their career and complete challenging and meaningful work. This position provides broad exposure to ecological planning and permitting related projects. You will work closely with strong, nationally-recognized, senior technical staff. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the ecological services arena with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
· Serves as a technical leader in assessing potential effects to plants, wildlife, and the environment resulting from projects
· Provides creative strategies and recommendations for avoiding or mitigating project effects on the environment
· Prepares field assessments, reports, and technical documents
· Attends client and regulatory agency meetings in support of project development
· Perform due diligence and local, state and federal permitting for mining projects, including writing and reviewing NEPA documents, mitigation plans, and other documents required under the ESA and other environmental rules, regulations, and associated permitting
· Complete and manage field activities including, but not limited to, wetland and water body delineations, aquatic and environmental assessments, environmental sampling (i.e. soil, surface water, groundwater, etc.)
· Perform work in a team environmental or work independently with multiple project budgets and deadlines simultaneously
Desired Skills and Experience:
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or other related environmental fields.
· Minimum six years of professional experience in the ecological field including working knowledge of the NEPA, ESA and CWA
· Direct experience in wetland delineations, vegetation surveys, ecological inventories, avian and wildlife surveys, surveys for rare or threatened and endangered species or post-construction restoration monitoring. Experience in Northwest United States is preferred.
· Working knowledge of aquatic systems for physical and biological assessments or investigations.
· Ability to delineate wetlands and other waters using the appropriate regional supplements to the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual.
· Working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations and professional experience with environmental permitting.
· Experience using GIS programs such as ArcGIS and ArcGIS Explorer are necessary for spatial analysis of biological, physical or chemical data
· Experience operating GPS field equipment for data collection associated with wetland, flora and fauna surveys
· Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
· Field assignments require ability to walk field sites of varying size that may have areas of uneven, muddy, and/or rocky ground to perform inspections, collect samples and take photographs.
· Some field assignments require travel with overnight stay outside the Boise area
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. APPLY NOW