This is an entry-level position with a consulting engineering firm and does not require previous experience, although that is helpful. Works under close supervision; receives specific and detailed instructions about assignments. Performs a variety of routine tasks which are intended to provide experience and interaction with higher-level staff, methods, practices, programs and culture of the corporation. For training and developmental purposes, assignments may include some work that is typical of an Environmental Scientist II. This position will be responsible for helping facilities maintain compliance with environmental regulations and their monitoring requirements.
Bachelor's degree or higher from a college or university in Environmental Science or similar program.
Assist the Environmental Scientist II or higher with managing environmental compliance systems for various environmentally sensitive facilities. This includes areas of water, wastewater, surface mines, and solid waste disposal systems. Responsible for:
• Ensuring all monitoring requirements are met and assist Environmental Scientist II with coordinating individual site requirements
• Locating and disseminating current information for environmental regulations and rules for the states in the southeast including research
• Assist with document review of various groundwater, surface water, methane, leachate, air, NPDES monitoring/compliance data, and statistical analysis reports
• Assist with the preparation of technical reports including Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Environmental Monitoring Plans, Spill Prevention Countermeasure and Control Plans (SPCC), and Due Diligence Evaluations
• Assist with the preparation of various environmental permit applications including solid waste, surface mining, NPDES stormwater, and NPDES process wastewater applications
Apply Online Download Employment Application Form