Here's What You'll Do:
As a Stream Restoration Designer, you will manage projects and project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
In this role you will manage and design stream and wetland restoration projects using natural stream design principles and techniques. You will also routinely prepare stream design drawings and specifications; oversee construction of projects, ensuring compliance with the design criteria; and serve as a mentor to junior staff and educate them on field data collection, design parameters, and regulatory criteria.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, stream and wetland ecology, and natural channel design. This position requires periodic travel and field work as well as proficiency with managing projects and project budgets.
Here's What You'll Need:
• B.S. in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or Hydrology;
• Minimum 5 years of experience;
• Stream design, construction, and monitoring experience;
• Strong working knowledge of mitigation requirements;
• Ability to work as part of a team to achieve shared objectives.
• Ability to speak and write professionally.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
• AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2018 or later
• RIVERMorph® Stream Restoration Software
• 2D Hydraulic Modeling (HEC-RAS or SRH2D)
• Survey Grade GPS and Total Station
• FAA UAS Remote Pilot License
• LiDAR Acquisition and Data Processing
Why You Should Join Us:
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.