Opening for Stormwater Quality Specialist specializing in dry weather monitoring and outfall inventory. Full-time with wage of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
Includes excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Applies technical environmental and stormwater knowledge to develop and implement aspects of the NPDES Phase I and II Municipal Stormwater Permits.
- Duties include implementation of the Dry Weather Outfall Screening Program and outfall inventory through field investigations, characterizing dry weather discharges, source tracing, discharge mitigation/elimination, data management, and reporting. May also assist with wet weather sampling events, mapping, and inspection.
- Considerable knowledge of hydrologic concepts such as watershed delineation, and a good knowledge of water quality principals as they apply to sample collection and handling; the ability to implement sampling plans.
- Ability to understand and interpret federal, state, and local environment regulations, prepare and edit technical reports. Ability to read and interpret construction plans and understand the municipal storm drain system preferred. Proficient in Word, Excel, and Adobe. Data entry knowledge in Access and ArcGIS preferred.
- Degree in Environmental, Physical, or Biological Science preferred. Or combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities may be acceptable.
Applications and job requirements available at www.achdidaho.org. Position closes at 4:30 pm (MST), July 24, 2019.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer. Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.