Staff Archeologist/Field DirectorMinneapolis MN
Merjent has an immediate opening for a full-time Staff Archaeologist/Field Director. This position manages and directs cultural resource compliance projects for public and private sector clients.
Specific duties include working with staff and clients to develop scopes of work, oversee projects while managing multiple field crews, consulting and coordinating with agencies and tribal groups, interpreting analytical data and writing technical reports.
- Assist project managers and coordinate compliance with NHPA, ARPA, NAGPRA, NEPA, and state environmental regulations.
- Participation in all aspects of cultural resources management (archaeological fieldwork and reporting, construction monitoring, tribal survey/monitoring activities, etc.) on projects of varying size and complexity.
- Logistically plan and implement field projects utilizing standards and procedures that comply with Section 106 and state-specific guidelines.
- Evaluate resources for eligibility to be listed in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and state registers of historic properties.
- Support clients during agency and tribal outreach, including coordinating consultation with State Historic Preservation Officers (SHPO), Tribal Historic Preservation Officers (THPO), Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP), and multiple state, federal, and local agencies.
- Help manage budgets; prepare proposals, reports, and other technical documents; monitor field procedures; and co-author Research Designs, Treatment Plans, and cultural resources technical reports.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA in Anthropology/Archaeology, or related discipline, required and a current technical specialization desirable (lithic analysis, geomorphology, architectural history, etc.).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in cultural resources management and supervisory experience.
- Permittable in North Dakota as a Field Director.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Experience involving tribal outreach, and relationship-building a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to strategize on large-scale, long-term projects.
- Strong competency in general MS Office applications (Word, Excel) skills required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail both documents to us at:
1 Main Street, SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414