Talon/LPE specializes in Environmental Consulting, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Drilling, Oilfield Construction, Spill Management and General Contracting.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects in a time and cost-efficient manner.
This includes project planning, resource management, project budgeting, and project invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage assigned projects, including project planning, budgeting, and invoicing.
• Develop and implement a budget for each project at its inception. Budget should include, at a minimum, allowable billable labor hour and expected expenses. Time and Expense (T&M) projects may be exempt from this requirement
– depends on project and client.
• Supervise personnel working on assigned projects.
• Maintain positive relationships with existing clients. To include phone and email communication and face-to-face meetings as warranted.
• PM must interact with client(s) through all phases of the project.
• PM must consider the health and safety of all employees and other persons involved during all phases of a project.
• Be able to prepare bids, proposals, work plans, or statements of work. Seek higher level reviews/approvals as required.
• Ensure necessary contract documents are in place prior to initiation of work.
• Seek and develop relationships with prospective clients.
• Identify required internal and/or external resources required to complete each project. Relay requirements to DM/RM or designated person(s).
• Be available to complete field work as required. Travel, overnight stays, and time in excess of 40 hours per week may be required to maintain project schedules or other deliverables.
• Compile and process all project related data including, but not limited to, daily logs, mileage logs, field data sheets, 3rd party invoice review, unit billing entries.
• Prepare reports and other documents as needed to satisfy client, contract, regulatory, or other obligations.
• Create invoices for completed work as outlined in the project schedule.
• Be available to communicate with field personnel, vendors, clients, etc. after normal working hours when work is being performed at your project.
• Maintain compliance with billable goals.
• Follow-up with clients after invoicing to ensure prompt payment.
• Keep up with existing and new issues related to the regulatory agencies you commonly work with
• Bachelor of Science or Arts (BS/BA) with a minimum of three years’ work experience in related field.
• Requires prior project manager experience, preferably 1 – 4 years.
• Must have experience in environmental consulting services.
• Must have a solid communication skill set to successfully communicate with clients, employees, and subcontractors and regulatory agencies.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
• Motor vehicle driving record that is consistent with Company and insurance carrier standards and policies.
• Must be able to wear required PPE.
• Must be able to speak and understand English.
• Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and climb ladders for extended periods of time.
• Must have strong work ethic, be a self starter, a problem solver, and a team player.
• Ability to work outside year round in all types of weather conditions.
• Available to work extended hours as required by project schedules, weather conditions or urgent circumstances.
• Able to travel to jobsites during all phases of a project and able to travel to jobsites which may be remote.
• Able to perform heavy lifting; minimum 50 pounds.
• Suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees they supervise.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Mentor and train staff.
• Assist DM/RM in guidance and direction of operations
• Must be able to wear any required PPE.
• Review and adhere to federal, state, and local guidelines.
• Adhere to QA/QC procedures.
• Ability to professionally communicate with clients on jobsites.
WORK CONDITIONS :
• Typically works in office and field as directed by project requirements, though they may be required to travel to project sites, vendor locations, or facilities as needed.
• Ability to travel as required for position.
Depending on an individual’s job duties, the Company may require an individual to complete a medical examination.
Persons, whom the Company wishes to hire, will receive a conditional offer of employment contingent on the successful completion of background checks, drug/alcohol test, medical examination and positive report of their fitness to perform the duties required for this position.