Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is seeking a senior ecological professional for our established Ecological Practice in the Cincinnati office. Company wide, the Ecological Practice provides approximately 15% of our annual revenues, making it an essential part of the integrated services that we offer to our clients. CEC’s Ecological Practice distinguishes itself from the service offerings of other firms because of the breadth of our technical expertise that includes: wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; Section 401/404 permitting; endangered species surveys, including bats and plants; Endangered Species Act strategy and compliance, natural stream channel design and restoration; invasive plant control; bio-retention and wetland treatment systems; and habitat assessments. You will also be responsible for developing business for CEC through utilization of your existing network and internal CEC resources. You’ll collaborate with staff ecologists and lead projects. You'll work with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction.
• B.S./M.S. degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, or related technical field;
• Local and national contacts and the ability to develop and market to new and existing clients;
• 15+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: aquatic ecology, terrestrial ecology, threatened and endangered species consultation, water and sediment quality, or environmental permitting and reporting;
• Demonstrated client development and management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to the energy, solid waste, mining, and real estate markets;
• Skills to plan, organize and oversee biological and ecological projects for diverse market sectors;
• Ability to manage multiple activities, technical professionals and targeted client base;
• Knowledge of Section 401, 402, 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
• Experience working with state and federal regulators and demonstrated understanding of regulations from agencies such as EPA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service;
• Writing skills and preparation of technical reports;
• Ability to provide senior technical expertise and mentoring to staff and managers in the ecological practice;
• Demonstrated experience managing FERC 7c projects is preferred, but not required.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.