Are you interested in gaining professional experience, empowering communities, and making a lasting difference? Join The Envirolution, Inc. team through AmeriCorps VISTA!
The Envirolution Research and Evaluation Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the team for this growing nonprofit organization. This person will help to improve the effectiveness of current programmatic evaluation processes while also assisting in the research in sustainability and STEAM related content and reports. Collaborating closely with the program managers and the development and curriculum coordinators, this person will refine and create new evaluation and research protocols to support the development and improvement of programs.
Envirolution is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to developing and scaling dynamic K-12 education, youth leadership development, and community outreach programs centered around energy efficiency, sustainability, and Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) development with a special focus on under-represented groups in STEAM, including women, minorities, and low socio-economic populations. Established in 2007 and based in Reno, Nevada. Envirolution’s mission is to inspire and empower the next generation of leaders and community members who will drive the growth of a sustainable economy. With a focus on hands-on service learning, our programs not only provide career development for students of all socio-economic backgrounds, but also enable participants to give back to their communities. Envirolution seeks to promote global change by championing local efforts that empower citizens to achieve positive, meaningful accomplishments and to make a good living while giving back to the social and environmental communities.
● Project ReCharge | Ongoing. A dynamic, cutting-edge sustainability and energy efficiency education and training program that engages students, teachers and community professionals. Through hands-on STEAM lessons, Project ReCharge empowers students with the knowledge, training and technology needed to become sustainability detectives focused on saving their home, school or community money through resource saving recommendations.
● Sustainability Expedition | Annual. An exciting, five-day opportunity for northern Nevada youth to travel to Reno organizations with sustainable business models, meet professionals in renewable energy fields, explore environmentally friendly buildings and discover various community volunteer opportunities.
● Career Quest | Ongoing. Envirolution’s newest program, developed in collaboration with Tesla. Every Friday, students from 5th to 12th grade have the opportunity to tour local STEM businesses and, while there, receive a hands-on STEM lesson -- designed and implemented by Envirolution staff and tailored specifically to what students are learning.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: February 16th, 2021 - February 15th, 2022
The Envirolution Research and Evaluation Coordinator VISTA’s tasks will include:
● Assess and improve the effectiveness of current data collection, input, analysis, and reporting processes of all programs and how these inform ongoing program operations, evaluation, program improvement and Envirolution’s five year strategic plan.
● Collaborate with Envirolution staff and stakeholders to enhance survey instruments to collect information from program participants, community members, and stakeholders.
● Produce reports and data visualizations for internal and external audiences.
● Research, collect and summarize data relevant to Envirolution’s mission and program objectives, including but not limited to STEM/STEAM, energy efficiency and sustainability as it relates to, career awareness, education, student demographics, program application in schools and community perception.
● Collaborate with the Curriculum Developer to research existing and new content areas, background information and resources needed for our programs.
● Passionate commitment to The Envirolution Inc.’s mission and vision;
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience);
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
● Exceptional writing skills;
● Strong communication skills;
● Strong organizational skills;
● High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
● Preferred: experience in research, evaluation, data analysis and reporting
The Envirolution Research and Evaluation VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps program visit americorps.gov.
● In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $13,362.
● Health benefits during service.
● Childcare opportunities (if applicable).
● Qualified student loan deferment or forbearance.
● Non-competitive eligibility for qualified government jobs the first year after completing service.
● Upon completion of service, choice of Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,195 or post-service stipend of $1,800.
● A relocation settling in allowance of no less than $750 if you are moving more than 50 miles, and travel allowance based on mileage may also apply.
● Professional development through monthly trainings, skills learned in service, experience in a nonprofit environment.
Applications are accepted by emailing a cover letter, two writing samples and resume to Micah Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line: Research and Evaluation Coordinator VISTA application Visit The Envirolution Inc.’s website www.Envirolution.org or call 775-229-8488 for more information.
Visit Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s website www.tmparksfoundation.org or call/email Micah Beck at 775.410.1702 or email@example.com for more information.