Analyst for the Administration for Forestry, Horticulture & NRGNew York NY
Title: Analyst for the Administration for Forestry, Horticulture & NRG
The mission of Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Resources is to protect, restore, expand and manage New York City’s natural spaces and green infrastructure to maximize their benefits and promote their value within and outside of the urban ecosystem.
- Under direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Administration, with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, perform responsible work in the oversight, planning, management and coordination of the division's budgets, contracts, correspondence, personnel, website, grants and fleet and facility management.
- Spearhead special projects, identify emerging issues and advise the Deputy Chief.
- Prepare briefings and materials for meetings, compile data, produce reports and oversee the completion of complex projects.
- Attend agency, inter-agency and external meetings on behalf of the Deputy Chief.
- Organize divisional management, coordinate meetings and keep minutes.
- Help manage office administration staff and their responsibilities.
- Track and report on status of job vacancies and assist with hiring and interview processes.
- Monitor completion of required training by division staff.
- Monitor division’s fleet including completion of scheduled vehicle inspections, such as the Preventive Maintenance Inspections and Motor Vehicle Inspections.
- Help create and institute professional standards for division.
- Approve purchase orders in eRequestor system and request budget modifications.
- Prepare reports on agency's Other Than Personnel Services (OTPS) expenditures and work with Borough Purchasing liaisons to resolve issues. Prepare summary reports and present findings to management.
- Monitor and report on the division’s Capital, Expense and OTPS budgets.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 3/29/17*
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 280619
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.