The position is located near the Naval Support Activity Crane working with Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane) Environmental Protection Office to support the Air Compliance and Management program and other environmental tasking related to compliance.
- Tasking includes a broad range of environmental regulation knowledge and compliance oversight activities, including evaluating federal, state, local, and DoD environmental regulations, meetings with customers, government personnel and project personnel during meetings to determine compliance requirements, permit actions, emissions estimates, and source reviewsfor Air Compliance program tasking.
- The tasking will include internal Permit Audits to ensure all applicable regulations have been reviewed, general information is current and complete, permit conditions are current and accurate, etc; Determination Reviews to verify all sources have been captured and reviewed, determinations have correct basis, exemptions are accurate, etc; Plan Updates to ensure current, complete, and accurate, Training for Operators and Planners to ensure they understand the basis for their permits, any operating limitations, any changes in conditions that might affect permit strategy, etc; and Develop Tools, such and permitting strategy and guides, NESHAP screening tool, and a Permit modification tool for historical documentation and calculations to be maintained.
- Compliance support for non-Air programs may also be required, but will be secondary to Air program tasking.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate must have knowledge and experience to exercise independent judgment, making decisions that may impact project success.
- The candidate must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing, and must be able to support other areas as needed, such as hazardous waste, wastewater, stormwater, groundwater, drinking water, and radon programs.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental or related technical field required, and 2 years experience with air compliance requirements and regulations.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet short deadlines.
- Previous DoD experience is an asset, and previous experience in regulatory community is an asset, particularly in air compliance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.