Job Code: 1779
Will support the NOAA Restoration Center (RC) in budget coordination, strategic planning and coordination of policy, operational support and organizational process improvements. Specific duties include:
* Supporting the administrative management of the RC budget including day-to-day implementation and execution.
* Supporting the deputy division chief with day-to-day administrative operations of the RC and working with the Deepwater Horizon Program leadership in the RC to ensure that issues associated with implementing DWH as a new Program are identified and factored into overall RC operational planning.
* Assisting the RC leadership and supervisors with determining and achieving short and long term strategic goals, objectives, and priorities in close coordination with the Policy, Planning and Communications team.
* Assisting the RC leadership in evaluating the effectiveness of programs, operations, and practices within RC HQ, making recommendations for improvement, and assisting in the implementation of necessary solutions.
* Supporting cross-line office activities to further the goals of the RC and communicating the program mission, goals, and performance to internal and external audiences.
* Supporting the day-to-day coordination and communication with other divisions to ensure that the advance identification of issues and coordination takes place across the entire RC enterprise.
3 years of experience relating to the budget and operations of marine restoration and environmental programs. Must have experience with budgeting for complex operations or programs; in reviewing, developing and adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); and have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have strong management skills including project scheduling, budgeting, and ability to handle multiple, concurrent, and competing projects and responsibilities. Requires the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team, to collect/analyze and evaluate data, and to apply federal, departmental, and agency regulations to business processes. Must have the skills and ability to coordinate and relay complex topics, be a reliable, self-starter, self-motivated and demonstrate strong attention to detail. Proficiency in computer use including email, electronic file management, calendars, databases, workflow-based and collaboration software, and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
Desired skills and specialized knowledge includes:
* Federal contract experience with an understanding of federal hiring principles and practices. Experience working in a government office or large organization.
* Organizational understanding of NOAA NMFS structure and programs, including RC programs such as the Community-based Restoration Program (CRP), Damage Assessment, Remediation and Restoration Program (DARRP), Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection, and Restoration Act (CWPPRA), Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Program (GLRI) and the Deep Water Horizon (DWH) case.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in Environmental Management, Policy, Science, related discipline, or equivalent.
For more information and to apply: https://www.ertcorp.com/