Environmental Specialist IIISarasota FL
Perform petroleum contamination cleanup site management activities required to return petroleum contaminated sites to acceptable groundwater and soil target levels as specified in the Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) Clean-up Contract.
- Perform site management activities at petroleum contaminated sites assigned by FDEP PRP. Site management activities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews all reports, plans, and proposals submitted and coordinates reviews with technical staff as needed to determine cleanup progress; issues written approvals and comments for corrections, improvements, or additional work within PRP timeframes to evaluate work product and cleanup progress.
- Conducts and coordinates quality assurance audits, generates inspection reports and uploads reports to Oculus for all assigned sites to oversee cleanup work.
- Data entry of all reports, reviews, or date extensions into STCM and local database within PRP timeframes to monitor work progress.
- Coordinates uploading of documents into Oculus within PRP timeframes to ensure accurate public records.
- Conducts file reviews for assigned sites and develops comprehensive site history to appropriately plan site cleanup.
- Communicates with contractors and site owners/responsible parties to discuss clean-up progress, strategy, performance and solicits input to effectively oversee cleanup.
- Perform contract management of PRP funded sites assigned by FDEP PRP. Contract management activities include but are not limited to:
- Negotiates and develops scopes of work and schedules of pay items and submits to FDEP per PRP guidance to fund cost effective cleanup; verifies invoice pay items agree with work completed to ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
- Negotiates and prepares Requests for Change (RFCs) and Field Request for Change (FRFC) and process within PRP timeframes to cost effectively manage changes in work scopes.
- Reviews and processes PRs, RFCs and invoices in MFMP within PRP timeframes.
- Assists with technical and administrative duties associated with the program including responding to information requests and document tracking. Assists the Environmental Supervisor with project management-related research projects.
Requirements: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the biological or physical sciences, Environmental Engineering or a related field and three (3) years of professional experience. A Master's Degree may substitute for one year of professional experience. Progressively responsible professional experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required college degree.
For more information and to apply: https://www.scgov.net/government/career-opportunities