Project Development Coordinator for FHNRNew York NY
NYC Parks cares for 14% of the land in New York City. The mission of Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Resources (FHNR) is to protect, restore, expand and manage New York City’s natural spaces and green infrastructure to maximize their benefits to both ecological function and quality of life. The division is responsible for citywide urban forestry, ecological and horticulture initiatives.
- Under direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Administration, with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, perform responsible work in the oversight, planning, management and coordination of the division's administrative tasks and projects.
- Track and report on status of job vacancies, assist hiring managers with interview procedures, facilitate employee on-boarding, and maintain personnel database and division contact lists.
- Monitor division’s fleet including completion of scheduled vehicle inspections, such as the Preventive Maintenance Inspections and Motor Vehicle Inspections, and assist in user account issues and vehicle access troubleshooting.
- Help create and institute professional standards, procedures, workflows, and resources for the division, as well as assist with establishing access via the division’s intranet site.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Access and SharePoint.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $50,362 - $78,177 plus excellent benefits
Apply by: 06/18/18
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 347409
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.