Haley & Aldrich is a 700-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our Permitting Compliance and Operational Risk team. We are looking for an experienced professional to provide multi-media environmental compliance services, with a significant focus on air compliance. The qualified professional will combine high-level, strategic consulting along with a strong technical foundation. This position will support the overall growth objectives of our core environmental business and can be based in Manchester, NH; Dayton, OH; Rochester, NY or Phoenix, AZ.
The successful candidate will:
· Partner with Haley & Aldrich’s national team of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance experts to support our aggressive growth strategy and build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with our clients.
· Provide project support including, but not limited to, preparation of SPCC Plans, SWPP Plans, RCRA Contingency Plans, EPCRA Tier II and TRI reports, air emission reports, and environmental permit applications; development of compliance programs and training materials; and performance of compliance audits.
· Focus on the full spectrum of Haley & Aldrich’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients. In particular, play a key role in supporting Haley & Aldrich’s portfolio of EHS consulting services, with a specific emphasis on air quality permitting and compliance.
· Actively work within the EHS compliance practice to support strategies and programs that result in significant revenue growth with new and existing clients.
· Contribute to the leadership and management of project execution activities in support of our clients’ active facility operations. Lead environmental compliance and permitting consulting engagements.
· Work closely with clients to develop and maintain strong relationships.
· Achieve Haley & Aldrich’s and our clients’ expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
· Be an integral part of our safety culture approaching all aspects of work at Haley & Aldrich with a safety-first attitude, performing in accordance with Client and Company Safety requirements.
· Must have Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, environmental), environmental science, or other related discipline.
· 5-10 years of environmental compliance experience; Strengths in air compliance strongly desired.
· Experience in a consulting, professional services or industrial environment strongly preferred.
· Track record of technical expertise in regulatory frameworks to address complex multi-media environmental compliance challenges including, but not limited to, CWA, CAA, RCRA, EPCRA, and CERCLA.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical documents to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
· Experience working independently but also collaboratively as a team member.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Professional registration(s)/certification(s) desired.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, highly competitive total compensation plans, and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; tuition reimbursement; long-term care. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.