Hello, future! Here we come. CH2M is now Jacobs. Today is the day when everything about our industry changes. Today, our two great companies join together to deliver more: The promise of a more connected, sustainable world. As our two great companies unite, you may see legacy branding, language or processes and you may be hired into either CH2M or Jacobs as legalities and situations require. Regardless, know that you will be part of an exciting industry change: Everything is possible.
Support environmental compliance projects at client sites and in our internal teams.
As the Environmental Compliance Engineer located in our Pensacola office, you will have the chance to work on challenging environmental projects in support of the development and implementation of compliance and management solutions for our clients. Working with other members of our team, you’ll develop a broad set of skills related to the field of environmental regulatory compliance, under the guidance of senior staff and through multiple opportunities to work independently and with peers. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to work on delivery of projects involving remote data collections, field work, and data management. Support projects with one or more major environmental regulations (RCRA, CAA, CWA, etc). If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Provide attention to detail when reading or writing reports, completing permit applications, field audits, and documenting results
• Deliver high quality work product on time and within budget
• Gain learning and understanding of the implications of environmental regulations to different clients and industries
• Demonstrate client service skills, including ability to support environmental compliance/permitting projects at client sites and in our internal teams
• Demonstrate ability to work independently on multiple opportunities as a teaming partner and participate in a mentoring process under the guidance of senior staff and peers.
• Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to communicate project outcomes with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members.
• Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of Jacobs
• Ability to travel up to 75% time may be required depending on project demand.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Environmental or Civil Engineering, or related science.
• Be a self-motivated professional with up to three years of experience with environmental compliance activities for federal or industrial clients.
• Knowledge of federal and state (specifically Florida and Alabama) environmental regulations.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across North America the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M is now Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position. For more information and to apply: https://www.jacobs.com/join-us/?