Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate.
Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent. An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity.
This position will be filled as a Sr. ECC at Hastings Extraction Plant.
1. Responsible for multi-media environmental compliance support; including air, chemical, oil, water and waste programs at Gas Infrastructure Group East Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) facilities.
2. Prepare/submit environmental reports for assigned facilities.
3. Walk down of facilities and conduct environmental self assessments to ensure environmental compliance and provide recommendations for process improvements.
4. Resolve compliance issues in coordination with NGL Operations and Dominion Energy Environment and Sustainability (DEES) staff.
5. Communicate within DEES staff to ensure consistent interpretations/implementations of environmental regulations, etc.
6. Support NGL Operations staff on environmental regulatory compliance programs, including environmental compliance plan development.
7. Coordinate hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal for assigned facilities.
8. Serve as the primary site coordinator and as a liaison with external regulatory agencies regarding environmental issues.
9. Serve as the company contact with the local public and community to resolve environmental complaints and problems.
10. Provide environmental training to site personnel to comply with environmental permits and regulations.
11. Be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency response to address spills and releases at NGL sites and facilities.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the environmental field required.
- Extremely knowledgeable in understanding of the Clean Air Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Superfund and Amendments and Reauthorization Act (Sara Tier II), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC regulations) as they relate to Dominion Energy natural gas operations.
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to independently develop, implement; and administer complex environmental compliance plans.
- Excellent communication skills to translate environmental regulations and permit and plan requirements into understandable compliance guidance for NGL Operations and DEES.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Apply writing skills to prepare and/or review compliance and regulatory documents. Excellent writing skills required.
- Ability to work in a functionally diverse Team environment.
- Strong team building skills and facilitation skills.
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle or capable of obtaining license. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associate , Bachelor , Disciplines: Preferred: Environmental Science,Environmental Technology,Science , Other Education: Science, Technical, Environmental
For a full description and to apply: https://careers.dominionenergy.com/
Please mention how you learned of this opening.