Salary Range: $58,958 - $97,655
DEP is seeking a Program Manager I who will be part of the Office of Sustainability in DEP, assists in managing and implementing tree and forest programs and initiatives, particularly the Tree Montgomery program.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Implementing tree planting activities under the Tree Montgomery program by identifying potential participants in the program that own residential, commercial, and institutional property; meeting participants on-site to identify planting locations and select shade tree species; and providing follow-up assistance to program participants as needed.
• Directing and monitoring activities of contractors planting and inspecting newly installed shade trees under the Tree Montgomery program.
• Implementing and refining tracking processes to maintain up-to-date information on plantings and orders, collecting data and developing reports related to Tree Montgomery and other tree and forest programs, including information on shade tree plantings, mortality rates of newly planted trees, canopy goals, and other data necessary to evaluate the success of the County’s tree and forest programs.
• Developing and implementing outreach and education strategies designed to inform the public about the County’s tree planting and conservation programs, including updates and revisions to program websites and written materials. Providing information during one-on-one meetings with residents and business owners on tree planting techniques, the care of young trees, species selection, and related activities.
• Providing program support for tree related activities, including responding to inquiries from residents and businesses, preparing budget information, and supporting the Forest Conservation Advisory Committee.
Possession of a Maryland Tree Expert license or certification as an arborist by an accredited program is a plus.
Weekend and/or evening work may be required, as needed and with advanced scheduling to meet with applicants who are unavailable during typical working hours to assist contractors during peak planting seasons.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement (including Experience, Education, etc. requirements) and to apply, visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
click on the “Search Jobs" tab, and then on the Job Search link
Read the full job description under the “General Professional" Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
The requisition number is IRC36466
This Recruitment Closes March 28, 2019
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.