The Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN) has an immediate opening for a seasoned litigator/attorney in its Bristol, Pennsylvania office.
• Develop and pursue litigation in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals to advance the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Manage relationships with co-counsel, outside counsel, clients, and coalition partners.
• Co-direct the River Resources Environmental Law Clinic each academic semester including providing hands on training to law interns working with DRN for school credit, and providing legal instruction as needed.
• Supervising and mentoring staff attorneys and legal interns
Applicants must be law school graduates who are admitted, or are willing to apply for admission, to at least one of the state bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, or Delaware.
The ideal applicant will have:
• Environmental litigation experience working with the Clean Water Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Natural Gas Act, the Endangered Species Act, and/or other relevant federal and state environmental statutes.
• Experience in administrative and judicial proceedings and experience in undertaking factual investigations.
• Superb research, writing, and oral advocacy skills.
• The ability to mentor and oversee more junior staff and interns.
• Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• A demonstrated commitment to public service and public interest litigation.
Please email a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three references, at least one writing sample from recent litigation, and other pertinent information to the attention of Maya van Rossum, the Delaware Riverkeeper, at email@example.com.