Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Legal and Environmental & Prog Svcs Mgt team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Regulatory Compliance Consultant - Generation NERC/WECC position!
Regulatory Compliance Consultant is a full-time position working directly at PSE and will lead the continued implementation of a comprehensive strategy to meet the NERC/WECC compliance requirements associated with our generation facilities. This will include preparing for self-certifications and audits, training employees on regulations and required compliance, and tracking new and changing standards and requirements. In addition, this position will develop, maintain and improve materials and procedures required for ongoing compliance.
We are looking for someone familiar with NERC/WECC regulations, specifically those applicable to Generator Owners and Generator Operators, and a strong understanding of power plant operations.This is a lead role so the successful candidate must have experience overseeing a compliance program, including the implementation of new/modified standards and audit preparation and oversight. It is critical that this role builds and maintains good relationships with all key stakeholders. While not in a formal management role, we are looking for someone that has been proven in building collaborative teams and brings a positive approach to their work. With a diverse client group, the Regulatory Compliance Consultant will need to understand different group dynamics and have proven experience leading teams to successful solutions.
• Researches and remains current on NERC/WECC standards applicable to the Generator Owner/Generator Operator.
• Plans, develops and implements the Generation NERC/WECC program to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Develops training programs to ensure employees are knowledgeable regarding regulatory compliance issues and conducts necessary training.
• Coordinates with compliance personnel in other departments to meet compliance standards and timelines.
• Directs activity for the testing, monitoring and support of high level assessment by business unit in regard to formal audits.
• Interacts with internal and external auditors to provide support and address audit concerns; implements responsive and corrective solutions.
• Performs investigations related to potential regulatory/compliance violations, as needed.
• Provides input into NERC/WECC standard development proceedings.
• Works cooperatively across the organization and company where applicable, to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and for obtaining input in aligning regulatory proposals with the company objectives.
• Formulates sound control practices and processes for managing potential risks and exposures.
Bachelor degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or engineering or applicable field and eight years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be self-directed and willing to mentor peers and team members.
Thorough understanding of utility operations and regulations, and as may be related to specific area of regulatory/compliance specialty for department.
Thorough understanding of federal and state rules and regulations.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or other database applications.
• An advanced degree or certification such as a CPA, MBA, JD, PE or experience in public policy.
• Thorough understanding of compliance regulations and processes specific to the department/area of hire.
• A strong understanding of power generation operations as it relates to the generator, related control and protection system performance, effect of upgrades to those components, and testing to meet NERC/WECC requirements.