To be negotiated.
401k, Healthcare stipend, paid personal time off.
Camas, LLC is hiring a professional Environmental Planner to support our renewable energy clients. The role will include leading permit acquisition, implementation and scientific studies that are both timely in their execution and completed within budget. This person should possess the capacity for identifying and executing permit strategy, responding to a fast-paced work product environment, analyzing/interpreting data, recognize client needs and interests, prepare quality work products with minimal QA/QC required, and function well in a team atmosphere.
The desired candidate’s primary responsibilities include preparation of documents and coordination of permitting projects related to NEPA, CEQA, state fish and game codes, land use codes, Clean Water Act Section 401, 402 and 404, and ESA for renewable energy clients
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of regulatory permit applications and their implementation.
• Develop execution plans for all regulatory interactions and permitting deliverables
• Track and report permit schedules & expiration dates
• Develop proposals for prospective client.
• Develop strong working relationships with regulatory agencies
• Estimate labor effort to perform the work and remain in budget.
• BA/BS in Environmental Planning, Environmental Law, Public Policy, Environmental Science, Biology, Fisheries, Geology, Hydrology, Botany or similar Science
• 5-7 years of professional experience.
• Capacity to work independently drafting and compiling permit documents/reports and supporting information without supervision
• Demonstrated competency in scientific writing and document preparation
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience with relevant environmental regulations and permits/approvals (e.g. CWA 401/402/404, NWP/IP, NEPA, CEQA, ESA)
• Good teamwork skills, self-motivation, and excellent communication skills are required
• Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Positive attitude and team-centered approach to problem solving
• Capacity to work in an open work environment
• Ability to travel to sites as needed
• Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
• Candidate will need to pass a basic background investigation.
• Master’s degree, or proven work history in consulting.
• Strong knowledge of Federal/State/Local environmental regulations
• Strong record of communicating with/developing relationships with regulatory agency personnel
• Capacity and desire to learn new things quickly and be challenged.
• Capacity to require minimal instruction or assistance to deliver the work product.
• Interest in joining a boutique sized consulting company that specializes in meeting the client’s interests.
• GIS mapping experience.
PHYSICAL /ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The work requires the ability to travel to meetings and to visit remote work sites often located on rough, uneven terrain. May require attending evening and weekend meetings.
Resume/CV with all relevant work, references, and complete contact information. Statement of intent for the position not to exceed 250 words.
Submit resume/CV and statement of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit: https://camasllc.com/