Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is a full-service environmental consulting firm established in 2004. Headquartered in the historic village of Paint Lick, Kentucky, we have satellite offices in Lexington, Kentucky; Nashville, Tennessee; Asheville, North Carolina; Fairmont, West Virginia, and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Copperhead serves a broad range of clients in need of environmental compliance in government and industry.
Our multidisciplinary team includes aquatic resource managers, wetland specialists, environmental planners, NEPA specialists, aquatic biologists, avian biologists, malacologists, foresters, fixed-winged aircraft pilots, and SCUBA divers. To ensure our clients receive the highest quality services, we remain dedicated and focused in our areas of expertise. Our passion, our enthusiasm for the natural world, and our determination to provide the best environmental services prove it.
We are seeking a full-time Environmental Planner/NEPA Specialist to join our growing family of professional consultants. Duties include managing and contributing to NEPA documents, preparing environmental studies, analyzing environmental data, and assisting in natural resource management activities.
• Managing or contributing to NEPA documents
• Preparing environmental studies
• Analyzing environmental data
• Assisting in natural resource management activities
• Assisting clients with environmental permitted needs
• Facilitating project meetings and public open houses
• Coordinating staff capacity and maintaining project schedules
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science, geography, natural resource management, or similar field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience (Graduate degree can be substituted for one year of experience).
• Experience with federal agencies (e.g., NPS, TVA, USACE, USFS, USFWS), their regulations, and the resources they manage.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations (e.g., CAA, CWA, ESA, NHPA, RCRA).
• Experience managing or contributing to NEPA documents, preparing environmental studies, analyzing environmental data, and assisting in natural resource management activities.
• Experience assisting clients with their environmental permitting needs including state environmental reviews, site characterization studies, and agency coordination.
• Ability to facilitate project meetings and public open houses, coordinate staff capacity, and maintain project schedules.
• Must be a proactive communicator.
• Excellent customer service.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Must be able to thrive in a self-directed environment.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Copperhead offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest, a CV or resume, and a writing sample to Heather Ballinger at email@example.com.
Copperhead Consulting is an equal employment opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, or other statuses protected by law. Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Please mention how you learned of this opening.