Fox Landing Summer InstructorAvalon CA
The Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI) is looking for excited college graduates who would like to be a part of the summer program at the historic Camp Fox on Catalina Island. CIMI staff provide support to YMCA groups throughout their week long trips to Camp Fox. Each day consists of lifeguarding, taking campers kayaking, snorkeling, and hiking, as well as through our archery course and high ropes elements. Each CIMI instructor must be a physically fit, dedicated, flexible, and excited team player to spend the summer on Catalina Island.
- Minimum of a bachelors degree, biology or marine biology highly preferred.
- Excellent water skills
- Capable of completing a Waterfront Lifeguarding course, including CPR and First Aid
- Experience teaching elementary, middle or high school students, highly desired
- Ability to live and work in a small, remote island community
- Paid training
- Full room and board
- Starting salary of $275 per week
- Use of program equipment, such as kayak, boats and paddle boards during off time
- Island playground to explore
Check out our camp website: http://cimioutdoored.org/cimi-fox-landing/
If interested please email resume and cover letter to Heather@cimi.org