Marine NaturalistMaui HI
Pacific Whale Foundation is hiring for the summer ecotour season on the beautlful island of Maui. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting our oceans through science and advocacy. Marine Naturalists work aboard our fleet of ecotour vessels and are responsible for educating passengers from a scientific perspective about Hawaii's geology, geography, natural history, ecology, culture and all aspects of marine life. Other responsibilities include vessel crew duties (handling lines, cleaning and maintenance) and assisting with our ongoing research efforts. We provide competitive benefits and great perks - come join our team!
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Environmental Science or a related field
- Strong communications skills; public speaking experience
- First Aid, CPR, Lifeguard, Oxygen and AED certifications and Maui County Bar Card must be obtained within 3 months of hire
- Must be a strong swimmer and able to free dive to 30 feet
- Capable of working long hours in a physically challenging outdoor environment
- Able to lift 50 lbs. to a height of three feet and carry 30 feet
- Experience with marine education/interpretation in Hawaii preferred
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 15, 2017. Season runs May/June - Aug/Sept. Applicants must fund their own travel to Maui and are responsible for securing accommodations. To learn more about Pacific Whale Foundation, visit www.pacificwhale.org.