ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & FAMILY/GROUP PROGRAMS
We are currently interviewing applicants for our Program Instructor position at Frost Valley YMCA 2016-2017 season which runs August 20, 2017, through June 17, 2018. We also have some positions available with us to work our Fall 2017 season through Thanksgiving. Application is open until filled.
Description: Program Staff are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up of programs offered through the Environmental Education and Group and Family Retreats Programs at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences while seeking to promote healthy lifestyle alternatives through individual and group decision making activities and structured socialization experiences.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field. Equivalent life experience is also accepted. Must have a firm commitment to changing the world by working with children of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Standard First Aid and CPR are required. If you do not have current certifications you will be trained upon arrival.
Salary: $55-65/day plus Room and Board, DOE.
- Medical/dental/life insurance after completing 60 days.
- Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting. Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available.
- Shared and individual housing with own private room.
- Professional conference/training opportunities with prior approval.
- On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: Brett Tillman, Director of School Programs 2000 Frost Valley Road Claryville, NY 12725 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org For more info check out our website at www.frostvalley.org