Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Interpretive Naturalist assists with implementing all environmental education programs for Woldumar Nature Center. The Interpretive Naturalist works with the center’s staff to ensure smooth implementation of programs and the safety and comfort of the center’s guests.
1) Assist with the implementation of all mission-driven environmental education programs on site and off site, which may include weekday, weekend, and evening programs year round.
2) Assist with the maintenance of all education related equipment and supplies, including development and maintenance of educational displays indoors and outdoors.
3) Assist with the development and enhancement of all program-related marketing materials and strategies as directed by the Program Director.
4) Assist with all program-related grounds and facilities needs.
5) Assist with other duties related to the Woldumar mission as assigned.
6) Assume a leadership role in Woldumar projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
1) Background in environmental education, outdoor education, natural resources, parks and recreation, wildlife, biology or other related field.
2) Knowledge and experience in natural and heritage interpretation, program planning and facilitation, teaching methods.
3) Experience in teaching people of all ages and backgrounds, especially children.
4) Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5) Computer competency.
6) Certification in first aid (or its equivalent) and adult and child CPR recommended.
7) Ability to lead groups on rough terrain in all weather conditions, lift minimum of 30 pounds, and communicate with a wide range of audiences.
8) Must be able to work independently.
9) Must be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Part Time (10-15 hours per week), Paid
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com