Outdoor Education InstructorCalabasas CA
Position Duration: February 7 – May 26
Community Nature Connection is a non-profit organization founded in 1991. Our mission is to increase access to the outdoors for diverse communities with innovative programs.
Outdoor Educators use established curriculum, based on NGSS and the California State Science Standards, to personalize their classes for lesson groups of 15-20 students and two high school counselors. Instructors will typically teach 2-3 lessons each day (morning lesson, afternoon lesson, and night program). The average day runs from 8:00am until 10:00pm. Program topics include Adaptations, Outdoor Skills, Native American Life and Culture, Teambuilding, Astronomy, Night Hikes, and an all day hike in a local state park. Traditional camp activities include campfires, songs, and group games.
- BA or BS, or at least 2 years experience in a related field.
- Previous experience as an educator or facilitator in summer camp, youth development, or non-formal education programming.
- Previous experience as an educator or facilitator in a residential outdoor education setting.
- Experience working with youth in grades 5-7.
- Experience leading or facilitating groups in teambuilding activities.
Compensation and Benefits
- $350-$425 per week. Rate dependent upon experience and certifications.
- Full time housing provided.
- Meals provided when camp is in session.
- CPR and First Aid training available at no cost for CNC employees.
- NAI Certified Interpretive Guide training may be available at reduced cost for CNC employees